top of page
  • Writer's pictureEducation and Visa Agency

Study Conservation & Ecosystem Management / Land Management

Are you passionate about our planet and want to work towards conserving our areas of natural beauty, maintaining important wildlife habitats and ensuring a healthy, thriving ecosystem?

Then a course in Conservation & Ecosystem Management may be for you.

There are courses for every level in your conservation journey; from Certificate II through to Master’s Degrees and range from 22 through to 312 weeks.

With the environmental science employment rate quickly in creasing, the demand for green jobs is also growing. You can earn up to $130K per annum and build a career you love!

Environmental and Sustainability courses are designed to address the challenges facing environmental and sustainability experts now and in the future. Learn from industry experts with real-world experience.

Land management agencies and private forestry companies spend as much as 30 per cent of their time consulting with the community and other stakeholders.

An advanced understanding of how people live with, use and feel about their surrounding ecosystems is increasingly important for all professionals in this field.

How long will I study?

Depending on the level you choose to study, courses range from 21 to 312 weeks.

What's the cost?

Starting from $150 per week

Choose your own adventure!

VET courses available:

Certificate II in Conservation & Ecosystem Management.

The qualification enables individuals to select and develop basic factual, technical and procedural knowledge in conservation and ecosystem management for Indigenous land management, lands, parks and wildlife services and the restoration and rehabilitation of ecosystems.

Certificate III in Conservation & Ecosystem Management.

Individuals with this qualification perform a range of conservation and ecosystem management activities including, site restoration, rehabilitation and renewal and management of the rural and natural landscapes, degraded sites and marine environments. They contribute to the preservation and maintenance of wildlife and their habitat in the natural ecosystem, parks and reserves. Activities frequently involve working with and preservation of indigenous culture and heritage resources.

Certificate IV in Conservation & Ecosystem Management.

The qualification provides for advanced skills and/or supervisory roles in a broad range of conservation and ecological work or can focus on areas of specific needs.

Diploma in Conservation & Ecosystem Management.

This qualification reflects the skills and knowledge required for skilled and paraprofessional work in conservation and ecosystem management. Workers with this qualification perform in operational managerial and/or technical positions often with specialist skills and knowledge in a range of sectors.


Career Outcomes and Job Roles:

· Soil Conservation Specialist,

· Landcare Manager,

· Land Management Unit Supervisor,

· Indigenous Land Manager,

· Park Ranger,

· Environmental Officer (Lands, Parks and Wildlife),

· Natural Resource Manager

· Pest Management

· Weed Management

· Environmental Protection

· Conservation Officer

· Parks and Wildlife Officer

· Supervisory and management

· Indigenous land management

· Ecosystem management

· Pest controller

· Fire management

Available degrees in Higher Education:

Conservation Biology, Heritage Conservation, Fish Conservation and Management, Heritage Materials Conservation, Urban & Regional Planning, Environmental Studies, Marine Biology, Ecosystem Management & Conservation, Science Innovation in Biodiversity Conservation and Management, Wildlife Health and Conservation, Environmental and Conservation Science.

Can I get PR?

As of May 21st 2021, Environmental Consultant, Environmental Scientist, Environmental Manager, Conservation Officer, Environmental Research Scientist occupations are on the Medium-Long Term Occupation List, meaning that with the correct qualification and experience you may be eligible for a sponsored work or permanent residency visa.

Conservation Officer and Park Ranger, Environmental Health Officer, Fisheries Officer are also on the List, but only in Regional areas.

Always remember that the skilled occupation list changes regularly. And what is on the list today may not be on the list tomorrow. There are also specific qualifications and experience needed to be eligible for sponsored visas. It’s important to consult with a migration lawyer before considering these types of visas.

Contact us for more information!

Education and Visa Agency TEAM

16 views0 comments


bottom of page